Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Product Photography


Once you've figured out the basics of a camera the only thing you can do to improve is understand photography better.  I soon learned that lighting and composition are far superior to any technical skills shortly after I started posting photographs on serious photography forums.  The thing that helped me improve the most in these aspects was product photography.  You have so much control when you just focus on one thing that its really easy to see how lights and positioning affect the image.  

The above shots were all taken for Jaimie Ware.  Ceramics were the perfect subject to start with as there are so many shapes, colors, textures, and levels of gloss that all react differently to light.  I'll post more shots in the future along with images of the set up I'm using as well as tips I've learned to get the most out of each shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment